Set Solutions - call us today on 1300 100 429

Get Started in Hospitality - RSA Courses Melbourne

RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) training is mandatory throughout Victoria and a requirement for all bar staff, waiters, bottle shop attendants and anyone else working in a licensed premises serving alcohol. So if you wish to work in this environment, the Certificate of RSA is a must.

Completing a Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) course with SETsolutions for just $45 will give you the opportunity to be accredited and begin your career within the hospitality industry. We have day and night RSA courses available in a range of locations across Melbourne.

RSA in Caulfield:
4 Hour Course: 9.00am – 1.00pm Friday Mornings
4 Hour Course: 5.30pm – 10.00pm Tuesday Nights

RSA in Frankston:
4 Hour Course: 5.30pm – 10.00pm Wednesday Nights

RSA in Beaconsfield:
4 Hour Course: 5.30pm – 10.00pm Wednesday Nights

Where you can complete your RSA Course in Melbourne:

Caulfield East: The Gryph Inn, Building K, Monash University Caulfield, 29 Sir Monash Drive,
Caulfield East 3145

Frankston: Pier Hotel, 508 Nepean Hwy, Frankston 3199

Beaconsfield: Central Hotel, 1 Old Princes Hwy, Beaconsfield VIC 3807

This RSA course is required to be paid in full prior to your allocated course date. If, for any reason you cannot attend your allocated session, you may reschedule your session at no cost provided 24 hours notice is given. Any cancellations require a minimum of 72 hours notice in order to receive a full refund. No refund will be issued if less than 72 hours notice is given or for non-attendance.

Further Your Career with a Certificate III in Hospitality

Let us help you find a job in Hospitality

bartender presenting cocktails RSA

If you wish to work in the vibrant, exciting and fun atmosphere of restaurants, cafes, bars, nightclubs, hotels or any environment that sells or serves alcohol, then we can help!

SETsolutions offers a 3 week Certificate III in Hospitality (SIT30707) with State and
Commonwealth funding (if applicable).

We can then assist you with job placement within the hospitality industry on
completion of your course.

Certificate III in Hospitality covers topics such as:

  • Cocktail Training
  • Barista Training
  • Food Handlers Certificate
  • RSA Certificate
  • Learn Trade Secrets from Industry Leaders
  • Crucial on the Job Experience
  • Table Delivery to Customers
  • Prepare and Serve Drinks


Who's fault is it if an minor gets through security and l serve them a drink?
The bartender is responsible for serving alcohol therefore the bartender must check I.D.
What if my Manager tells me to serve intoxicated customers?
Tell your Manager that if an Inspector comes onto the premises and you receive a fine for serving intoxicated customers, is he/she prepared to pay the fine on your behalf?
Why do l have to check people's I.D. if there is a bouncer at the door?
Many venues turn from a place you enjoy a meal to a club style venue later in the evening and sneaky underage people tend to avoid security after their meal.
Is a Learners Permit from another state a valid form of I.D.?
NO only a Victorian Learners Permit is acceptable.
Why do I have to complete my RSA certificate
Department of Justice requires all Licences, Managers and Staff selling or offering or serving liquor to complete the classroom RSA. Failure to comply may result in a maximum $597 penalty fine.
How long is my RSA valid for?
The RSA Certificate does not have an expiry date but if you continue to work in the Hospitality industry it is recommended that you complete an online refresher course that is available through the Department of Justice website annually. This course must be completed within 3 years from the date on your RSA Certificate.
What if l have a customer who orders drinks for their mates with extra shots of alcohol in them?
You must refuse the additional alcohol in the customer's friends drinks as you would be assisting your customer to commit a crime called drink spiking.
What if my customer is just a little intoxicated, do l refuse them service?
The definition of intoxicated in the Act is : A person in a state of intoxication is if his or her speech, balance, co-ordination or behaviour is noticeably affected and there are reasonable grounds for believing that this is the result of the consumption of liquor.
What if a minor gets an adult to purchase alcohol for them?
If you have reasonable grounds for believing the alcohol is for a minor, you must refuse the adult service. This is called "secondary supply" and it comes with a penalty fine.
Register for Cert III in Hospitality ENQUIRE TODAY! OR CALL 1300 100 429

For any further information, please see RTO No. 4074